Pages

Sep 16, 2008

Can't open Thunderbird links in Firefox - Easy Fix.

 
For awhile now I have not been able to open links from Thunderbird Mail in my Firefox web browser. So as most people I searched the net only to find these types of solutions...... 1."Is Firefox set as your default browser" 2."Configure MS Windows by using Set Program Access & Defaults to use Firefox as the default browser" 3." Oh yes, reinstall Thunderbird".  While all of the suggestions are good, none worked. I finally ran across a forum poster who suggested have a look in Windows File Types within explorers folder options...It Worked and now all is well !
Here is how you do it:
  • 1. Open My Computer and select folder options from the tools menu at the top.
  • 2. Open the third tab at the top labeled "File Types".
  • 3. Scroll down until you find " (NONE) URL: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol" 
  • 4. Make sure it is highlighted and choose Advanced, make sure Firefox is listed. If another browser is in the list highlight it and click edit. Rename Firefox in the Action Box then click Browse and point it toward you Firefox installation....Usually "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" Click OK
  • 5. Follow the same as above but now in step 3 your looking for and changing "(NONE) URL: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol with Privacy"
In my case I had installed an IE based browser and it was still being listed as default file type handler even after I uninstalled it. The above instructions was the only way I found to correct it and now my Thunderbird - Firefox combination is working together perfectly !


I hope this helps someone fix the "Link Clicking issue"  - Ncrypto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To NcryptoWorkz Comment Section.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails