Pages

May 23, 2009

Peavey Vypyr 30 Guitar Amp Review

 


I just recently bought a Peavey Vypyr 30 guitar amp and I have to say it is much better than I thought it would be. When I first started playing the amp in my home the first thing I noticed was the thin digital sound. I have to admit initially I was a little let down and discouraged. It seems though the Vypyr 30 is like a fine bottle of wine ( more on that in a moment). Right out of the box I soon learned just how loud this amp is………Trust me it is enough to get my wife screaming and the dog barking, both asking me to turn it down . I was really surprised just how much bone jarring crunch this amp was capable of when adjusted correctly.  Speaking of adjustments, the EQ  (Low – Mid – High) is very sensitive and to really appreciate it you have to make slow turns and take a listen. At first I didn't think much of it until I took the time to slow down and open my ears. The Vypyr is loaded with a single 12 in. 8 ohm “Blue Marvel” Speaker ( the same speaker the current Peavey Bandit 112 uses) that just seems to get better with every use.
Peavey Vypyr 30:
24 Amp models (12 with clean/distortion choice)
11 Rack Effects
11 Stompboxes
TransTube Analog Distortion
DSP Effects:
Reverb Envelope Filter
Delay Slap Back
Tremolo Flanger
Chorus Looper (Requires Foot Switch)
Pitch Shifter Reverse
Rotary Speaker Phaser
Octaver XR Wild
X Boost Fuzz
BC Chorus Squeeze (Compressor)
Ring Modulator Auto - Wah
Analog Flange MOG (Octave Generator)
Analog Phase Tube Screamer (TranTube Sim)

Amp Simulators:
TWN Fender Twin Reverb
DLX Fender Tweed Deluxe
Plxi Marshall Plexi
Brit Vox AC 30
B-Kat Bad Cat
Classic Peavey Classic 50
XXX Peavey XXX
JSX Peavey JSX 2x12 Combo
6505 Peavey 6505+
REC Messa Boogie Dual Rectifier
K-Stein Krank Krankenstein
DZL Diezel VH4

Now to the fine wine comment. (It just gets better with age). I have used the Peavey Vypyr 30 for little over one month now and have noticed that thin digital sound has faded leaving a  warmer rich tone ! Others have had the same experience I noticed from forum statements. Most attribute this from the breaking in or settling in of the speaker. I personally don't know, I do know the more I use it the better it sounds.
Anyone who tells you that the Peavey Vypyr 30 is a beginner amp or practice amp, they are full of shit. This little amp can hold it own with no problems, and I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To NcryptoWorkz Comment Section.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails