Pages

Jul 9, 2009

Use Photoshop Plugins With Gimp

I have to admit in the past I was not much of a fan of the Gimp imaging program. It just seemed to awkward to use and felt just plain clunky. 
I downloaded the latest version a day or two ago and am happy to find that progress has been made.
The program is now very usable and will suffice for even the hard liners in the graphics community.
I have always wanted to use my Adobe Photoshop plugins with Gimp and now I see I can.
It appears the The "Photoshop Plugin Wrapper" has been around since 2001, but somehow I missed it.
This executable file when simply dropped in your Gimp plugins folder, allows you to use Photoshop plugins.
Installation is super easy and the possibilities are truly endless.
So were do I get it ? Go to the "PSPI" webpage and download the latest Windows executable found at the bottom of the page. Linux versions are also available now to use with Gimp.
So how do I install it ? Simply unzip the package you downloaded and place the pspi exe into your Gimp plugins folder - usually found here......  C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins.
If all has gone well your Photoshop plugins should now work with Gimp !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To NcryptoWorkz Comment Section.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails